New Yorkers for Lawsuit Reform
Position: Executive Director, New Yorkers for Lawsuit Reform, a broad-based coalition that seeks to implement comprehensive tort reform in the State of New York (www.nylawsuitreform.org/ ).
- Define the agenda and gain buy-in from stakeholders for comprehensive tort reform.
- Present multi-year strategic plans to meet stated objectives and goals.
- Chief spokesperson for coalition on issues;
- Advocate before all branches of government;
- Effective interaction and regular presence at NY State Capitol;
- Maintain strong relationships with national tort reform groups;
- Raise funds to support tort reform efforts in New York;
- Manage staff and as well external resources;
- Administer annual budget;
- Foster membership growth through a mix of public relations and grassroots activities, including the recruitment of local champions for tort reform.
- Management, administrative and budget experience;
- Highly skilled in government relations/legislative advocacy and issues management;
- Highly organized, creative, resourceful, able to set priorities, develop consensus among diverse group of members;
- Skilled in media outreach, legislative testimony, written and oral communications;
- Strong track record of running a member organization preferred;
- Fundraising experience would also be a plus.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Applicants may send confidential inquiry and resume to email@example.com All inquiries will be kept confidential. NYLR is an equal opportunity employer.